JOIN FCP AS A SENIOR COMMUNICATIONS COUNSELOR
WE ARE HIRING! Public Relations – Senior Communications Counselor
Are you passionate? Are you a great writer? Are you competitive? Are you a team player and a leader? Are you a quick learner? If so, join us.
Full Court Press Communications (fcpcommunications.com) is looking for a full time senior communications counselor. We provide strategic communications counsel to foundations, businesses, educational institutions, government agencies, advocacy coalitions, non-profits and more.
We seek a smart, creative team player with exceptional written and verbal communications skills. This is a leadership and client/program management position.
The person in this role will work with senior staff on a broad portfolio of clients, however, work on environmental and land conservation issues will be a key component of this position. This person may also oversee communications staff members who will engage in project and tactical implementation.
Four to eight years of experience in public relations, communications, public affairs, corporate communications or political campaigns is required.
Day to day activities will include overseeing client projects, providing strategic communications counsel, writing content such as press releases and op-eds, creating and implementing social media strategies, pitching reporters, and planning and executing press events.
Qualities desired in a candidate include the following:
- Prior experience in a leadership position with a proven track record of client oversight or program management.
- Experience with strategic communications planning and providing counsel and recommendations on communications activities.
- Exceptional communications skills and the ability to take complex ideas and translate it into concise and effective messaging materials.
- Strong writing skills and the ability to create copious amounts of high quality written content.
- Experience pitching reporters, opinion editors, and editorial boards and existing relationships with media outlets.
- Familiarity with a variety of social media platforms and experiencing leveraging these mediums to support communications goals.
- The ability to work independently and under short deadlines, and bounce quickly between clients and projects without missing a beat.
- Experience and interest in environmental issues and land conservation issues are a plus.
- Design skills and experience managing e-newsletter systems and websites are a plus.
- Extra points for Spanish fluency or other language skills.
People of color encouraged to apply. This is a salaried position with health, commuting, retirement and other benefits. Please use email@example.com and send:
– A resume attached in PDF or Word format
– A cover letter in the text of the email
– Salary history
– Links to any work product you would like to highlight